Thursday, February 13, 2014

Review: Jen McLaughlin's Temporarily Yours

Normally my reviews look so much prettier with the book cover and book details at the top of the page but for some reason Blogger hates me and will not allow me to insert the beautiful and sexy book cover. So I apologize profusely and hope that Blogger will like me better in the morning. :)

I am a huge Diane Alberts/Jen McLaughlin fan. I've read all of the books she has out, including the New Adult line that she has out (and it's an awesome read). When I see that a book is released, it's an auto buy and I make sure that I clear my schedule because I devour the book in a night. The woman has cost me many nights where I had to stay up till I reached the end. So I was very excited when Temporarily Yours came out.

I love the concept! It's so sweet and cute, but then there is hardcore sexiness to it. It's cleverly setup so that the hero Cooper and heroine Kayla meet in an airport lobby. Kayla, an actuary and neurotic flier is headed to her sister's wedding with a fake story that her imaginary boyfriend is unable to join her. Cooper an ex- Marine is on his way to a new job opportunity.
Kayla is terrified of flying so she plans to sleep through her flight with some sleeping pills in first class. Cooper, opts to shell out three hundred bucks to sit in first class with Kayla and keep her distracted. And she is definitely distracted with him. When the flight ends, Cooper saves her again and goes to meet her family and pose as the boyfriend. It's just a clever twist on a overdone plot.

The characters, as always are always. I loved the fact that it was the heroine that doesn't believe in a true love/finding the right person and the hero believes that he hadn't met Miss Right. Just another smart role reversal. Kayla is strong and a very likable character. And Cooper is a sweet, sexy, alpha hero. I love him!

This is a great read. It's not my favorite Diane Alberts book, but I did enjoy it. I just love her writing and I just get lost in the story, setting, characters and the love story. I also love pretty much all of Entangled Publishing's Brazen line and this was a perfect compliment to the line. I would give this book four and a half stars. As always, Miss Alberts is a treat to read. I can't wait for her next release!

No comments:

Post a Comment