Wednesday, March 19, 2014

INTERVIEW: No Ordinary Mistress Author Robyn DeHart

Today at Romance for Every World, we have a special guest - author of "No Ordinary Mistress", Robyn DeHart that stopped by.

* RD is Robyn DeHart*

Where do you get your ideas?
RD: All over. Sometimes a song I hear or a movie I see or sometimes it's just sitting down and brainstorming something from scratch. Many of them have come out of my own interests - archaeology, chocolate factories, social mores of the time period. Ideas are everywhere.
Do you create the characters first and then come up with the plot or vice versa?
RD: I've done both. It just sort of depends on the idea. I'm normally a character first person, but every now and then a plot will hit and I'll have to figure out who fits with the storyline. 
Who is currently on your Kindle?
RD: So many books. It's really quite embarrassing how many books are on my kindle. Right now I'm reading The Rosie Project - I've just started it, so it's pretty early, but I'm enjoying it. 

Why did you begin writing?
RD: I always wrote. Early on it was really bad poetry and angsty short stories, but I always wrote. In high school is when I decided what I wanted to write and here I am so many years later, living out that dream!

Your favorite book the you wrote?
RD: Hmmmmm, I don't think I can pick a favorite. Isn't that like picking a favorite kid? So I can't just list one. I loved Seduce Me, The Secrets of Mia Danvers and A Little Bit Wicked. 

The character that you created that you most connect with?
RD: I think there's some of me in all of my characters (well, obviously not including Jack the Ripper). But with both the hero and heroine, I inadvertently put myself in them. For example in No Ordinary Mistress I think Emma has my tenacity. I'm about as stubborn as they get and she's got a streak of that, not to mention a sassy mouth. Remy is kind of a reluctant hero in some ways or at least I think he sees himself in that light, but he will always fight for what's right. I can relate to that. 

What's next?
RD: In April, the sequel to The Secrets of Mia Danvers comes out, The Temptations of Anna Jacobs. This continues my Jack the Ripper series. Then in July the next Masquerading Mistresses novella comes out, No Ordinary Seductress. 

Thanks so much for stopping by Robyn, it was a pleasure to pick your brain! 
RD: Thanks so much for having me!

Here are Robyn's Book Details, definitely check it out!!!

Title: No Ordinary Mistress

Genre: Contemporary Romance

Author: Robyn DeHart

Publisher: Entangled Scandalous

Language: English

Format: Ebook

London, 1814
Remington Hawthorne, Earl of Latham, has spent his life protecting the Crown. When he’s assigned to play the part of lover to Emma Masterson, one of the few female spies in England and the one woman he can’t forget, he’ll have to risk his heart as well as his life.
It isn’t easy being an independent woman, much less a spy. Perpetually tasked with proving she is as valuable as any man in her profession, the last thing Emma needs is to be reunited with the one man who makes her want to forget her duties and get lost in passion.
Pretending to be his mistress isn’t difficult—remembering that it is all a charade is the challenge. With every glance, every touch, every kiss, she is drawn deeper under his spell and pulled further from her goals. She refused him once, but it will take every ounce of strength to not give in to the passion that still burns strong…

AMAZONBARNES & NOBLE

No comments:

Post a Comment