Monday, March 10, 2014

REVIEW: Sonya Weiss's Stealing the Groom


9781622662876 Title: Stealing the Groom
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Author: Sonya Weiss
Publisher: Entangled Bliss
Language: English
Format: Ebook

 I'll be perfectly honesty, I am a Brazen girl when it comes to Entangled Publishing. So when I spotted this one, I wasn't sure but the book description really grabbed me. I've been dabbling in other genres and heat temperatures and have discovered that I also have a love and soft spot for the rest of the Entangled imprints. Although before picking up Miss Weiss's Stealing the Groom, I had not read a full-length Bliss.

The book was engaging and just down-right sweet. The beginning grabs your attention as the friend-of-the-groom "steals" him moments before he is about to attend his own wedding. I loved the heroine Amelia Snyder. She was so cute that I wanted to give her a hug. I also enjoyed the hero, Chad Walker. The characters are well-written and all have different personalities. I really enjoyed the cast of characters as well and I hope to read about some of them in future books!

As mentioned, the plot is cute and Miss Weiss utilizes the best-friend trope very well and puts a twist. It is engaging from beginning to end (even without the heat of a Brazen). The conflict is understood and well sympathized. It's really a cute read.

I also enjoyed Miss Weiss's writing. She has a nice, fresh voice and I didn't find myself skipping through any of her description. The dialogue was short and snappy. And the characters were multi-dimensional.

This was a great book to read and I would recommend it. As I mentioned, this is my first Bliss book, but it won't be my last. I will also look for future books for Miss Weiss. I would give this book a solid four stars.

* I received this ARC from the publisher for an honest review. *

BOOK DESCRIPTION:

Friends don’t let friends marry the wrong woman…
Chad Walker may be a take-no-chances man with a plan, but there’s no way Amelia Snyder is going to let her best bud marry Mean Girl #1—even if the wedding is solely so he can secure the controlling shares in his family’s company. But free-spirited Amelia’s at-the-altar groomnapping scheme takes a surprising turn when she ends up as the blushing bride instead.
Suddenly, with Amelia living in her handsome husband’s home—in his bedroom, no less—she starts to reconsider their strictly platonic arrangement. But Chad’s always been anti-risk and definitely anti-love, and betting a lifetime of best friendship on the chance at forever might be the biggest gamble of all.

AMAZON

ABOUT AUTHOR

Sonya Weiss publicity photo
From the time she was a child, Sonya knew she was destined to be a writer. If she didn’t like the ending of a book or movie, she would write her own ending. When her children were young, she often wrote stories to entertain them. At the urging of one of her daughters, she submitted a short story and to her surprise and delight, it sold.

Sonya loves writing all things romance whether it’s writing contemporary adult or teen fiction and still hasn’t lost the wonder that she gets to do what she loves.
She enjoys reading, movies, chocolate, and laughter and credits her daughters as being the sweetest blessings in her life.

TWITTER 

1 comment: